Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Facial Steaming Recipe

1. 4.
Facial Steams are a great way to rid the skin of toxins and open clogged pores which can lead to unwanted breakouts. If you can afford a professional spa treatment that includes a facial, it's money well spent. But if you can't, create your own home-style facial.

Here's one of my recent at-home facial treatments to rive my winter worn skin. A facial steam, exfoliation and moisturizing mask.

I washed my face with a castile soap and then created a facial steam. I used a heat resistant bowl filled with hot boiling water. I added a few drops of essential oils:
Patchouli, Palmrosa and Sweet Orange.
1 drop Patchouli, 5 drops of Palmrosa, 3 drops of Sweet Orange.

Why these essential oils?
Patchouli (Pogostemon patchouli) provides a rejuvenating skin care tonic that helps with wrinkles and inflammation.
Palmarosa (Cymbopogan martini) is also an antiseptic cellular stimulate for wrinkles. It is hydrating for dry skin and also helps with eczema.
Orange (Citrus Aurantium) is a relaxant, cell stimulant that aids dermatitis and wrinkles.
These essential oils also offer uplifting aromatherapy benefits.

I covered my head with towel and leaned my face over this steaming bowl of rejuvenating oils. Being careful not to let the steam escape and not getting too close to avoid burning my face. I stayed under the towel for 10 minute. Taking deep inhalations and breathing out which also helped to relax me. Then I rinsed my face with cool water and while it was still wet I used a homemade scrub to coax the dead skin cells away and applied a moisturizing mask.

1 comment:

agoodwitchtoo said...

That sounds absolutely awesome! I'm going to have to try that soon.

I've left you a little surprise on my blog today :)