Friday, May 22, 2009

Windows Live Writer – Inserting Video Clips

1. 4.

I've been experimenting with Windows Live Writer, a program mentioned in a previous post and wanted to share some new discoveries as I incorporate it into my online tasks. Today I tried the “Insert – Video” feature. I had to upload the video clip to an online hosting service. I choose YouTube, since I am already registered. It does provide an opportunity to “register” if you are not already a member. It also offers another hosting site for you to “join.” This step was easy, seamless and quick. It worked like a charm in the program “preview.”

I uploaded the post containing this video to my two supported blogs…Blogger & LiveJournal, again easy, seamless and quick. I closed my browser and reopened it to check each blog post. To my amazement and surprise the post in LiveJournal looked great and the embedded video was there and functioning exactly as I’d created it.

However, when I opened my Blog, “Savon Shoppe” hosted by Blogger, the video was missing. Drats! But, all was not lost, I did a quick edit and used Blogger’s “Insert Video” feature while in the “edit post” mode and although the upload is much slower it did finally get uploaded. This edited version has the video clip at the bottom of the post, which I think I like better, but the original version was designed with the video shown above the post. Oh well, six of one, half dozen of another.

What do you think? You can see the original version as first composed at my LiveJournal Blog. I’d love to hear comments from anyone who is using Live Writer or feels it would be a tool for them to try. I’d love to share.

Anyways, all in all this was a minor inconvenience quickly resolved. Plus still being a bit of a novice user, who’s to say that there was something I did or didn’t do that caused this little glitch. So I’m still sold on this fantastic program.

btw...you may have notice the fonts are different in the most recent post, thanks to Live Writer I can experiment more with this, so I am.

1 comment:

SumpinElse said...

Wow thank you for sharing, wish I was that savvy!