Monday, November 26, 2007

The Importance of a Good Skin Care Regime

1. 4.
I’m almost 50 and I’m please to say that when people find out my age they’re often quite surprised and tell me that I don’t look it. I’m often complimented on my skin, as well. I’ve had strangers ask me what my secret is. I think my youthful appearance is partly due to the appearance of my skin. While I’m sure both of these are due in part to genetics, I firmly believe the other part, my secret, is a good skin care regime. There is no substitute for following a good skin care regime. I’ve always paid close attention to my skin and tried to pamper it. As a child, I was frequently teased by my aunt for my obsessive tendency to slather on lotion--Jergen’s.

It’s never too late to develop and institute good skin care habits but I believe the earlier in life you start the more thankful you’ll be later in life. Good skin is nothing more than healthy skin and healthy skin definitely gives you a more youthful appearance.

A good skin care regime doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult to maintain. Our skin is our body’s largest organ. Its is our mantle of defense from the outside environment. In order to function properly and maintain a healthy glow and it’s natural elasticity, it needs to moisturized. Regardless of your skin type: dry, normal, or oily it still need to be properly moisturized. For this reason, there is not a one-size fits all product. Your skin type simple determines the type of moisturizer you should be using. We can have a combination skin type and even normal skin can experience changes with the seasons or the environment. Pay attention so that you can adjust and adapt your regime to fit these changes.

In my next post, I’ll cover a few basics practices that should be incorporated into your personal skin care regime and later will post some special practices for specific skin types and conditions. Until then remember there is no substitute for a good skin care regime and it’s never too late to began.

No comments: