Your personal skincare regime will depend on your specific skin type (normal, dry, oily, or combination)
- Wash with a mild cleanser
- apply toner (alcohol-free) if desired
Exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Wash with ultra mild cleanser (cold creams are great for removing dirt)
- Moisturize with ultra rich moisturizing creams or lotions (skip the toning).
Use ultra mild exfoliating scrub once a week. Use a moisturizing mask once or twice a week.
- Wash with cleansers specified for oily skin (antibacterial)
- Use a toner or astringent
- Apply ultra light nonpore-clogging moisturizer
Exfoliate once a week. Avoid harsh scrubs on acne breakouts. Use a mask for oily skin once or twice a week. Give yourself a good facial steam once a twice a week to open and unclog pores.
- Wash with mild cleanser
- Apply toner or astringent on oily zones
- Apply moisturizer
Exfoliate once or twice a week. Use an appropriate facial mask once or twice a week.
These regimes should be followed twice daily. In the mornining and again night (or after your workday) are best. Always use appropriate level sunscreen when applicable.
Never go to bed with your makeup on!
OK. Now you have the basics of skin care. Next we'll cover more details on the various types of cleansers and their proper uses.